The 5 best quotes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer that will make your day better
Oy. You know what’s awesome about a bad day? The chance to make it better and realize that you survived said bad day. In my case this involved the series finale episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer – one of my go-to bad day cure-alls.
So in honor of Ms Summers and the feminist icon that she is (kicks ass, takes no shit, still not afraid to like girly-clothes and shoes) I present the 5 best quotes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer that will make your day better. Thank you Joss Whedon.
- Giles: God, every day here is the same. Buffy: Bright, sunny, beautiful. However can we escape this torment?
- Giles: I’m just going to stay and clean up a little. I’ll be back in the Middle Ages. Jenny: Did you ever leave?
- [Willow brings Buffy, who is in hospital, her homework] Buffy: Homework. Willow: It’s my way of saying get well soon. Buffy: You know, chocolate says that even better. Willow: I did all your assignments. All you have to do is sign your name. Buffy: Chocolate means nothing to me.
- Angelus: No weapons, no friends, no hope. Take all that away, and what’s left? Buffy: Me.
- Buffy: So here’s the part where you make a choice. What if you could have that power, now? In every generation, one Slayer is born, because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men. This woman is more powerful than all of them combined. So I say we change the rule. I say my power, should be *our* power. Tomorrow, Willow will use the essence of this scythe to change our destiny. From now on, every girl in the world who might be a Slayer, will be a Slayer. Every girl who could have the power, will have the power. Can stand up, will stand up. Slayers, every one of us. Make your choice. Are you ready to be strong?