10 things I need to learn to do
Yeah, I know a lot of stuff. I know that February 2nd is the day the German Army surrendered at Stalingrad. I know to make a chocolate roux. I know that Arthur Conan Doyle’s character Challenger from his book “The Lost World” is based on the British explorer Percy Fawcett. But there’s a lot of really basic things that I don’t know. So here it is, my admission of just a few of the things I don’t know how to do.
Prepare to be appalled…
1. How to change a tire.
2. How to make a decent dessert.
3. How to fix a leak (faucet, toilet, oil)
4. How to read the stock listings.
5. How to use a compass.
6. How to find the North Star (without the use of Google Sky)
7. How to play poker without having to show my hand and ask, “Do I have anything?”
8. How to Just. Shut. Up.
9. How to cut up a whole chicken.
10. How to make Plan B Restaurant’s “Plan B cocktail”
If anyone wants to volunteer to teach me I’ll buy you a beer.
Note: last summer I learned how to hit a baseball thanks to the neighbor kid. No, I did not buy him a beer. At the rate of one thing a year I should be fairly accomplished…in time for retirement.