10 things that make a bad day better
I actually had a great day, but I know that is not the case for everyone, so here are 10 things that make a bad day better.
2. Shower (or bath)…(or water in general). Bonus points for saltwater.
3. “Thank you” (this works if it’s being said to you or if you are saying it to someone else)
4. Food. Lousy food does not make you feel better. The poached egg salad at Plan B does.
5. Hitting something. People are wrong…violence does solve problems. Hitting a heavy bag makes you feel better. Sure your knuckles will hurt the next day if you’re not wearing gloves or tape, but your insides will feel better. (Driving range or batting cage also work)
6. This story about stray dogs saving a girl in Argentina from being raped. People frequently let you down. Dogs, not so much. Even if you don’t have a dog they make you feel better!
7. Trying something new. Book, sport, recipe, you name it. Yeah you might fail (see: me, knitting) but at least you gave it a shot.
8. Being grateful. Sure the day sucked, but at least it was above ground. My tomato plant actually has tomatoes on it. Husband J sent me a nice text. The snarky meat manager bought me a latte. Watermelon on sale! Son J tried to make me a Lego Bumblebee! (He knows B’s my fave)
10. Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations, Season 4, Episode 5. The New Orleans episode. Filmed 2 years post-Katrina, this is the best tv going. I watch, and watch again, and then watch again. This isn’t a case of “there but for the grace of God….”, and it isn’t “well, things could be worse”. This is the good, the bad, the worse and the horrifying all in one. Sometimes life sucks. Pick your ass up and keep going.