5 things I learned from my co-workers
It’s a good day when you learn something new, and I think that’s the beauty of working with so many and such a variety of people. So in honor of my awesome co-workers here’s a few of the things I’ve learned from them.
1. How to cook a steak (or any meat for that matter): cook it in bacon fat. Don’t cook it for too long. Make sure the pan is hot enough. Don’t poke at it. LET IT REST!
2. Don’t store your tomatoes in the fridge – it kills the flavor. Keep them on the counter. However, DO store your apples in the fridge – it slows the ripening.
3. Before you get on your kid’s case about something stop and remember what it was like to be a kid, then ask yourself if it’s really worth making a big deal out of.
4. When making an espresso drink with milk pour a little of the milk into the glass and then add the shot while you finish steaming the milk. That way the coffee doesn’t start turning sour.
5. You (meaning me) are not 23 anymore. You (meaning me) cannot keep up. But it would funny as hell to watch you (meaning me) try.