You get two since I’m starting a day late. (Cut me some slack – yesterday was ad day and I was up at 1:45 a.m.. By the time I was able to do anything I was already comatose.)
I should just cut this out and tape it everywhere. Because I now pick up son J right after I get off work I don’t have time to do yoga. I’ve been trying to get up 15 minutes earlier to do a little in the morning, and it does help a bit, but I really need it AFTER work, when I’ve been on my feet for 8+ hours. And don’t even get me started on the last time I got to take a real bath.
2. Shower (or bath)…(or water in general)
3. “Thank you” (this works if it’s being said to you or if you are saying it to someone else)
4. Food. Lousy food does not make you feel better. The poached egg salad at Plan B does.
5. Hitting something. People are wrong…violence does solve problems. Hitting a heavy bag makes you feel better. Sure your knuckles will hurt the next day if you’re not wearing gloves or tape, but your insides will feel better.
6. Shakira dance party with son J! (He doesn’t care that I look like a dork when I dance)
7. Trying something new. Book, sport, recipe, you name it. I’m thinking of trying knitting. I used to know how when I was a kid – I should try again.
8. Being grateful. Sure the day sucked, but at least it was above ground. My tomato plant actually has tomatoes on it. Husband J sent me a nice text. Tomorrow is the first of my 2 fridays. Organic grapes on sale! son J tried to make me a Lego Bumblebee! (He knows B’s my fave)
10. Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations, Season 4, Episode 5. The New Orleans episode. Filmed 2 years post-Katrina, this is the best tv going. I watch, and watch again, and then watch again. This isn’t a case of “there but for the grace of God….”, and it isn’t “well, things could be worse”. This is the good, the bad, the worse and the horrifying all in one. Sometimes life sucks. Pick your ass up and keep going.