B is for “bear”, polar bear to be specific
Polar bears are my favorite animal in the world. When we lived in Portalnd and had a zoo membership we would go there just to see Tasul, Snow and Shivers. Yes, I knew their names.
So in honor of polar bears, here’s a little of their awesomeness.
1. largest land carnivore
2. their skin is actually black
3. with their sense of smell they can detect seals up to a mile away
4. polars bears have been spotted swimming as much 200 miles from land in open ocean
5. they can sprint up to 25 miles an hour
6. The World Conservation Union lists the polar bear as a “vulnerable species”, primarily due to the impact of climate change