My new years resolutions are usually more of a “to-do” list. Things I want to accomplish etc (and no, losing 15 pounds isn’t on there.) And while I contemplated putting it up here, I thought better of it. So here’s a list of the things about 2010 that made me happy (in no particular order), and here’s to 2011.
1. My Kindle, yeah, husband J bought me one, and I totally love it. Want to know the main reason why? I can read the trashiest romance novels known to man and NO ONE CAN SEE WHAT I’M READING. Because I password locked up that puppy, so even if my husband goes snooping he can’t see my book list. BWAHAHAHA!
2. Our new house. I thought I didn’t want to live in the suburbs. I thought I didn’t want a 2-story house. Well, I thought wrong. It’s so perfect I can’t believe it…and it’s all ours.
3. My Levi’s, because it had been years since I owned a pair and I forgot how comfortable they are. And I also forgot how great they make my ass look.
4. My new glasses. Not being able to wear my contacts sucks, but I love these glasses.
8. Zoe Archer’s Blades of the Rose series
9. Meljean Brook’s The Iron Duke (The Mongols use nanotechnology to invade England! Could that be any fucking cooler?)
10. Larissa Ione and UGH.
11. The Native Star. ’nuff said.
12. Charles Finch and Charles Lenox.
13. Varitek returning to the Red Sox.
14. The Shady Lady and the Sazerac.
15. My Clairsonic Mia. I love that damn thing! Even though I’m embarassed that I spent that much money.
16. Our statue of the Buddha in the nook in the front entrance. I just walk past and I feel better. I can’t really explain it any better.
17. Moleskine planners. I used to have a Franklin Planner, but I really didn’t need anything that complicated. I like this – it’s compact and has nice paper. It also doesn’t look like it should have nuclear launch codes in it.
18. The piece of Jack’s artwork he brought home on which he wrote “I am special because my momma loves me.”
19. Husband J, almost every day.
20. The fact that I’m 42 and I’m still standing.